Pages

The online world of business

The online world of business

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

How my business came to be

Today I will talk about "My business" for a change. You may already know that I am the creator of Simplegamings, well now you will know how it came about. Believe it or not, it all started with a dream, the dream was of a really awesome and epic video game that I have yet to make. I woke up and that dream became an idea. I am going to make video games. Once I had been making games for about 3 weeks I realized that I loved it, and that is why I made this business because I love to make video games, but  how I made this business is another matter. I made the website (simplegamings.com) 2 months after I started making games, and by this point the idea had grown in to a plan. This plan was carried out slowly and carefully. 
I learned every thing about businesses from making one. I learned for my self: no books, no lectures, no classes. I do not advise you to do the same: learning from others is the best way to go. 1 year past and my games were finally preferred over other games by my users, and my views were starting to go up. Then the community came out and it helped every thing: People were talking, sharing, and the word was spreading. Today: 2 years from the start the stats randomly flew through the roof and my heart leaped for joy: 

One of the big challenges of developing my business was waiting. Because my business relies completely on the website there was a lot of waiting, and to be honest it drove me crazy! When I was driving crazy I actually found out that the waiting was good. It allowed me to make decisions and plan ahead. Now that things are escalating so quickly I only wish that I was waiting. Either way I learned a lot from making my business and I hope that you will learn a thing or two from this post. Just to make sure here are the highlights:

  1. Get and idea
  2. Turn it into an plan 
  3. Follow the plan slowly and carefully
  4. Be patient
  5. Clear your head when you make decisions 
  6. Let the business take you for a ride
That is how my business came to be, and that is what got me into The Online World Of Business.

No comments:

Post a Comment